Sale Price: $39.90
The American-based company Lodge has been fine-tuning its construction of rugged, cast-iron cookware for more than a century. No other metal is as long-lasting and works as well for spreading and retaining heat evenly during cooking. Lodge's line of cookware comes factory pre-seasoned with the company's vegetable oil formula, and is ready to use right out of the box.
At 10-1/4 inches in diameter and 4 inches deep, this 5-quart Dutch oven holds a heap of chili, chicken and rice, or fruit cobbler. This model is not the campfire style, with legs, wire handle, and a lid for coals. This one is flat-bottomed to sit on a stovetop burner or in the oven, with a domed lid that sends moisture back into the pot. Loop handles aid in carrying with oven mitts. While the Dutch oven comes pre-seasoned to prevent food from sticking, it works best when sprayed or lightly coated with vegetable oil before use. After the meal is done, simply scrub the cast iron with a stiff brush and hot water, no soap, and dry immediately. Lodge covers the sturdy oven with a lifetime limited warranty against defects, and when cared for properly, this virtually indestructible pan should last for generations. --Ann Bieri
- Measures 10-1/4-inch in diameter and 4-inch deep; lifetime warranty.
- Self-basting domed lid preserves moisture; loop handles aid in carrying
- Pre-seasoned with vegetable oil formula and ready for immediate use
- Rugged cast-iron construction heats slowly and evenly
- 5-Quart Dutch oven with cast-iron lid ideal for slow-cooking foods