Radiation Threats and Your Safety: A Guide to Preparation and Response for Professionals and Community
Sale Price: $53.00
Eligible For Free Shipping
While it has aided far many more than it has harmed, radiation is forever etched in the public’s mind as an indiscriminate and particularly pernicious killer. Consequently, it is especially critical in this age of terrorist threats that we equip ourselves with accurate information and practical tools that will serve us in the rare chance that we find ourselves in a radiation crisis.
Radiation Threats and Your Safety: A Guide to Preparation and Response for Professionals and Community offers a calm and authoritative approach to crisis preparation. Written by a health physicist from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the book informs us about what we should know ahead of time, how to prepare, and the best ways to respond to a nuclear or radiological incident either as an emergency responder or community/family member. Organized to serve both as a preparation guide and as a reference in a crisis, this book —
- Uses common language while avoiding unnecessary scientific jargon
- Details protocols for both accidental and intentional radiation emergencies such as nuclear explosions and dirty bombs
- Shows how to prepare a family emergency plan
- Covers medical responses to radiation emergencies including radiation drugs
- Provides an emergency supply list
- Discusses radiation from microwaves and cellular phones as well as food irradiation
There is no reason why we should feel helpless when faced with a radiation emergency. We can take action to protect ourselves, our families, and our communities. How we react to a radiation emergency will determine its true final impact. To this end, we need information and leaders we can depend upon. This book provides the factual details and the approach needed to proactively prepare for any radiation emergency, while also inspiring the confidence that good crisis management requires.
No features available.